Thursday, March 18, 2010

will work for money



It came to my mind last night, as I did by daily count of my thirty-seven remaining pennies, that I need a job;-) I haven't been working (for money at least) since September 2009, and I miss it!!
At my last job I would go around noon where duties included cleaning stalls, rebedding them, feed the horses, groom any of them that would need to be ridden, turn out or bring in from fields as needed, redo a tack room that always happened to look like a tornado had just hit it, load the horse trailer for shows, go pick up grain from the feed store, helps with mare and foal everyday life, and I also was very happy to get the chance to help with some medical issues that not too many owners choose to pay for treatment and try. In the fall, there was a race horse who actually broken his femur, which is a VERY difficult injury in a horse, because if not treated perfectly, the horse may develop a disease called (laminitis) in the legs and hooves that had been the "healthy" ones!!We also dealt with a pony that had to receive I.V therapy for limes disease for a month, whose picture is below, you can see that a horse has to have the IV stitched on, and even still a few times he managed to take it off! Even though I didn't make too much at that job, it was a great experience just shadowing my boss through out the day, as her greatest concern was the well being of equines.


Another Job I have done for the last four summers has been camp counseling. All of the camps have lasted about 5-6 weeks per summer, and it was a 8-1 job Monday-Friday:) I'm not sure if I will counsel this summer though, as it does not produce much income for the amount of effort and liability you take on by being solely responsible for a group of children. The worst part about working at a camp, was spending the whole day teaching other people's children, and not getting to help out with Julianne's lessons, like the one below!!

...but yes, I officially am looking for another job, since I have only one hundred dollars in savings, and thirty seven pennies in cash=) you can view my work ad at www.virginiaequestrian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment